The Software Engineer in Test is responsible for determining how to test software requirements through manual and automated testing techniques as well as helping to mentor other SEiT engineers in organizational and team processes, procedures, and tools. In order to accomplish this objective, the SEiT associate will have to work within the SAFe Agile framework to analyze and help groom and estimate them. The SEiT will also have to develop test plans that identify positive and negative scenarios across a range of areas of code behavior (e.g., UI, Data Verification, Workflow, etc.) that will exercise the code enough to develop confidence in its functionality, performance, and accuracy. The SEiT will also be responsible to help develop and maintain a regression suite for the application. Finally, the SEiT will then have to translate these scenarios and regression plans into both manual and automated scenarios, run them, document the results and work with the Agile team to resolve issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work within an integrated Agile scrum team as one of two Quality Assurance associates.
- Collaboratively groom stories and estimate them using documented standards.
- Develop abbreviated test plans for each story to document the necessary test scenarios.
- Create and/or collaborate on the creation of a release regression test plan.
- Create automated test cases using Robot Framework, Python and Jenkins.
- Create manual test cases when documented standards require it.
- Execute assigned test cases within the sprint/Program Increment and document the results.
- Document any resulting defects and work with the Agile team to resolve them.
- Ensure any concerns about achieving the exit criteria are escalated to Quality leadership.
- Mentor other newly hired quality associates on team processes, procedures, and tools.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, STEM, or Business-related degree.
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry with Quality Assurance roles or responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience with automated testing technologies and frameworks.
- 1+ years of experience with Robot Framework, Python and Jenkins.
- 1+ years of experience working with the Agile development methodology.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows 10/11 and Windows Server.
- A conceptual understanding of SaaS and DevOps principles.
- A conceptual understanding of networking and network components.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Working knowledge of Jira and qTest.
- Working knowledge of the Java programming language.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes or similar container-based management platforms.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Working knowledge of task automation technologies such as PowerShell.
- Experience with DevOps technologies.